By Alan Hawkins, General Manager: Cybersecurity & Software
"Tarsus Distribution has launched a portfolio of cybersecurity professional services to support resellers and system integrators with security implementations, especially at small and medium businesses (SMBs). These capabilities help to address a major shortfall of cybersecurity skills at resellers and their SMB clients alike."
Tarsus Distribution offers an end-to-end cybersecurity solution, serving as a local distribution partner for leading security vendors such as Check Point, Micro Focus, Ivanti, Juniper Networks, Kaspersky, Sophos, and TeamViewer. The company has invested in creating a deep pool of certified engineers across the product portfolios of its major partners.
These resources are on hand to help resellers with presales, post-sales and implementation services, equipping them to deliver holistic solutions that enable their customers to protect their data, networks, and devices. Tarsus Distribution works with resellers in a consultative manner to ensure clients’ pain points are addressed, with resellers owning and leading the customer account.
SMBs and IT resellers are struggling to keep pace with the speed at which cyberthreats are multiplying and growing in sophistication. It takes deep specialisation to stay ahead of the evolving risks and security requirements in a world that has moved so rapidly towards hybrid cloud and hybrid work models.
Our professional services team helps resellers and their clients to mitigate threats, comply with regulations, and enable secure information sharing via the deployment of advanced cybersecurity solutions. We can help resellers to fulfil their clients’ needs—whether they want a high-level engineer to help with a complex implementation or a junior resource to help with a routine firewall installation.
The professional services portfolio includes:
• Deployment services: Tarsus Distribution’s team helps resellers to plan, implement, and configure newly purchased security solutions for their customers.
• Health assessment: Tarsus Distribution engineers work with resellers to assess a client’s current configuration, highlight issues and define remediation steps that will align their security environment with best practices.
• Remediation: Following a health assessment, Tarsus Distribution partners with the reseller to improve the customer’s cybersecurity posture.
• Services on tap: Engineers are available to support resellers with ad hoc services that help existing customers align with the latest best practices.
• Authorised training centre: Tarsus Distribution offers monthly and on-demand technical training sessions across key vendor solutions to equip partners with the skills they need to become trusted advisors to their customers. Tarsus Distribution is a Sophos authorised training partner, with more vendor certifications to follow.
Our cybersecurity services help to simplify security deployments for resellers and their customers, enabling our partners to offer a one-stop solution to SMBs. Our cybersecurity experts and strong relationships with vendors enable our resellers to grow their businesses in a complex but fast-growing segment of the IT market.